Meeting Name: Accessibility Advisory Committee Agenda status: Final
Meeting date/time: 10/8/2020 4:00 PM Minutes status: Final  
Meeting location: Virtual Meeting
Published agenda: Agenda Agenda Published minutes: Minutes Minutes  
Meeting video:  
Attachments:
File #Ver.Agenda #NameTypeTitleActionResultAction DetailsVideo
TMP-26206 2  Discussion Item - ACACCESSIBILITY OF ONTARIANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT (AODA) COMPLIANCE REQUIREMENTS C. Dillon, Accessibility and Diversity Advisor provided an update concerning the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliance requirements. Ms. Dillon advised that she has been working with the Communications and Information Technology Departments to update the City’s Website according to the Accessible Information and Communications Standards to meet the AODA compliance requirements deadline of January 1, 2021.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26205 2  Discussion Item - ACCOVID-19 AND THE IMPACT ON ACCESSIBILITY The Committee discussed their personal and professional experiences on accessibility due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the impacts it has had on their lives. They commented that the pandemic has resulted in many individuals suffering from mental health issues such as anxiety and depression, as well as experiencing social isolation, particularly those with disabilities. H. Morgan advised that the COVID-19 pandemic has particularly impacted parents of children with disabilities as services have become unavailable to support the parents and children. She provided the example of respite care. The Committee agreed to compile a list of community organizations and associations that are available to assist individuals and report back to Committee at the next meeting for further discussion.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26202 1  Discussion Item - ACWELCOME AND INTRODUCTION OF NEW COMMITTEE MEMBER The Committee welcomed Carolyn Moran to the Accessibility Advisory Committee. Ms. Moran introduced herself and thanked the Committee for their warm welcome.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26208 2  Discussion Item - ACINTERNATIONAL DAY OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES C. Dillon, Accessibility and Diversity Advisor provided an update concerning the International Day of Persons with Disabilities on December 3, 2020. The Committee provided comments to Ms. Dillon concerning International Day of Persons with Disabilities. Ms. Dillon advised that she will contact the Mayor’s Office concerning a proclamation to proclaim December 3, 2020 as International Day of Persons with Disabilities and provide an update at the next meeting.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26207 2  Discussion Item - ACACCESSIBILITY ARTS AWARDS C. Dillon, Accessibility and Diversity Advisor provided an update concerning the Accessibility Arts Awards. She advised that unfortunately due to the COVID-19 pandemic the 2020 Arts Awards have been cancelled. Ms. Dillon discussed the potential of having two “Artist without Barriers Awards” in 2021. She agreed to report back to the Committee with more information.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26203 2  Discussion Item - ACVOLT HOCKEY D. Taylor provided an update regarding Volt Hockey. He commented that the Variety Village organization is still interested in making a presentation to the Committee, possibly in 2021.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26204 2  Discussion Item - ACSTOPGAP UPDATE C. Dillon, Accessibility and Diversity Advisory provided an update regarding StopGap. Ms. Dillon advised that the StopGap Foundation are unable to make a ramp small enough to fit the Pharmaright location on Collier Street and that she is looking at an alternative solution. Ms. Dillon advised that unfortunately students at Bear Creek Secondary School are no longer able to assist in building ramps this year. She noted that she will contact other potential community partners and report back to the Committee with more information comes available.Received  Action details Not available
TMP-26220 2  Discussion Item - ACMEETING SCHEDULE The Committee discussed their 2021 meeting schedule and chose to meet on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 4:00 pm. with the exception of July, August and December.Received  Action details Not available